September 14, 2022
The way to Use Social Media in Your Trip Rental Advertising Technique
We’ll admit: that generally, the holiday rental trade struggles to maintain up with the occasions. And that’s true with utilizing social media as a part of a profitable short-term rental advertising technique. For a lot of property managers, social media nonetheless looks like search engine optimisation did 10 years in the past: buzzwordy, gimmicky, and never well worth the money and time it takes to execute successfully.
However what if we advised you that, when used strategically, social media generally is a important software in your advertising toolbox?
Why Is Social Media Necessary for Trip Rental Managers?
Including social media to your short-term rental advertising technique can provide your corporation the increase you by no means knew you wanted. Right here’s how.
Meet Your Viewers The place They Are
Almost everybody on the planet makes use of social media. That’s not an exaggeration—current numbers present that about 4.7 billion individuals (sure, with a ‘b’) used a number of social media platforms in 2021. That quantity is simply persevering with to develop. Social media advertising opens up your potential visitor pool. It means that you can interact with customers who could by no means have heard of you in any other case.
Construct Your Model
Social media is one method to share your model story with the world: to inform your viewers who you’re and your mission as a enterprise. It’s a novel method to give your corporation a persona and display your experience and devotion to hospitality and visitor experiences.
As well as, a model’s social media presence is one other type of credentials. Individuals use social media virtually as an extension of an organization’s web site, a method to analysis, store, and share critiques of an organization’s services and products. Having a social media presence lends your corporation legitimacy.
A part of the draw of the holiday rental trade is constructing relationships between trip rental managers and their friends, native companies, and householders. Social media can bridge these connections. In a means, it’s a detailed second to interacting with individuals in actual life.
Consumer-Generated Content material = Free Advertising
If you’ve established rapport together with your followers, social media can turn into an natural advertising machine to your trip rental companies. Customers who create content material and tag you’re opening new doorways to new potential friends. And who can say no to free advertising?
Social media is an important facet of your short-term rental advertising technique. Now, let’s dive into some nitty-gritty particulars about executing an efficient social media plan.
1. Set Clear Targets
Outline your social media technique by setting clear objectives to measure success. One of many nice issues about social media enterprise profiles is the flexibility to investigate advertising efficiency in actual time and achieve perception into your viewers. Some nice questions to start out with could embody:
- What’s going to you promote in your social media?
- Who’s your audience?
- Will you employ completely different platforms for various sorts of campaigns and/or audiences?
2. Automate Posting
Like another advertising technique, your social media advertising requires consistency to be only. Save your self and your group a while by investing in software program that means that you can schedule your posts properly prematurely. Some options like Sprout or Hubspot can even acquire knowledge that will help you perceive developments and regulate for higher engagement.
3. Promote the Expertise, Not Simply the Property
Gorgeous actual property images of your properties will solely get you a lot extra engagement. As a result of it isn’t simply in regards to the property, is it? It’s in regards to the expertise you hope friends can have whereas staying with you. Encourage viewers to transcend your properties to reserving them by selling your entire expertise like:
- Stage life-style pictures contained in the property, like a meal on the desk or a spectacular view paired with espresso service.
- Present photographs and descriptions of must-see locations in your market, together with native companies (be certain to tag them and unfold the love!) and pure wonders. Get artistic with it!
- Add photographs of your group at work. It’s good to share the opposite facet of the enterprise together with your friends as a result of it demonstrates your devotion to hospitality. Plus, it offers your corporation a human factor (sure, actual individuals work right here!).
4. Hyperlink to Your Properties for Direct Reserving
It might appear to be a no brainer, however embody hyperlinks to your web site or OTA itemizing for straightforward, direct reserving for potential friends! You are able to do a hyperlink tree in your account “profile” or hyperlink on to particular properties in a submit. Linking to a third-party itemizing like Airbnb can even assist increase your rankings on their website.
5. Get Savvy at Tagging
Utilizing hashtags, geo-tags, or tagging one other account in your posts is like search engine optimisation for social media. It helps categorize your social media accounts and posts for customers to search out you extra simply, even when they aren’t immediately following your account.
Listed here are just a few suggestions that will help you get essentially the most out of tagging:
- Perceive the completely different classes of hashtags. It may be useful to interrupt down hashtags by class. There are content material hashtags, the type that relates on to your submit. There are trending hashtags, like hashtags associated to actions or cultural phenomena. After which there are brand-specific hashtags, that are hashtags you create to your personal campaigns!
- Use quite a lot of normal and particular hashtags. Utilizing a mixture of normal and particular content material hashtags may help you land in somebody’s search extra shortly. So you should use the hashtag #cabins, and you need to if it really works together with your posts! However utilizing one thing extra particular like #cabininthewoods or, even higher, #cabininthesmokies, may help slim down your viewers and put your posts in entrance of extra individuals.
- Don’t use too many. You’ve most likely heard of the phrase “key phrase stuffing,” referring to the apply of packing in as many key phrases as potential to get essentially the most hits on a search engine. Key phrase stuffing doesn’t work as a result of it makes the content material really feel spammy. It’s the identical with hashtags—the extra you’ve, the extra your engagement drops. Every platform has its personal suggestions for the variety of hashtags to make use of, so do your analysis.
- Use geo-tagging properly. Hold your employees, householders, and friends secure by by no means promoting a property’s particular tackle on social media. Equally, guarantee that defining options of a property, like a home quantity, avenue identify, or mailbox quantity, are by no means seen in a submit.
6. Content material Selection Is Key
Platforms like YouTube and TikTok have popularized video content material a lot that engagement with video has skyrocketed throughout social media platforms. You don’t have to turn into an skilled at each TikTok dance to make your trip rental advertising technique profitable. Nonetheless, mixing and matching the sorts of content material you submit to your social media accounts is a good suggestion to maintain your viewers engaged.
7. Ask (and Share) UGC
One of many prime advantages of utilizing social media in your trip rental enterprise is tapping into user-generated content material (UGC). UGC is any submit tagging your corporation, particularly photographs or movies taken whereas utilizing your services or products. Basically, UGC is free advertising—not solely are you able to add this content material to your personal account, however it faucets right into a model new viewers due to the person.
Encourage friends to take footage and tag you on social media in check-in emails and signage within the dwelling. You possibly can even incentive sharing content material with particular choices (for instance, “tag us for an opportunity to win a free night time in your subsequent keep!” or related). Then, ask for those who can share the content material on your corporation platform!
Along with visitor posts, you’ll be able to repurpose optimistic critiques for user-generated content material! Construct in a request to share visitor critiques on social media in your post-stay survey to streamline the method.
8. Use Highlights to Set up Your Content material
Instagram’s Highlights characteristic helps trip rental managers manage content material based mostly on customers’ wants or pursuits. For instance, you can also make a spotlight for beautiful photographs of your properties, one other for journey info and space guides, and one other for enterprise partnerships for potential householders.
9. Reply Promptly
Social media can function an unofficial visitor service heart. Company could use your social media platform to contact your group with questions or to go away critiques. It’s prudent to remain on prime of feedback and messages left on the platform and reply to them promptly. Responding to critiques on social media in a considerate, compassionate, and lively method reveals friends that you simply care what they must say and are prepared to make changes.
Promoting on social media can get you in entrance of extra potential friends than another advertising software. It offers new and returning friends a method to work together with you. And it builds a model id that can depart an enduring impression on friends and potential householders alike! With some know-how and some useful software program options, you can also make social media work to your trip rental enterprise.