Greater than 200 drivers employed by the corporate had overwhelmingly voted for industrial motion in a dispute over pay which threatened to accentuate trade cement shortages.
A brand new pay and situations provide has now been accepted by the drivers following negotiations led by Unite.
Drivers will get:
- A 2.75 % improve on all pay charges and allowances backdated to 1 January 2021
- A 3.25 % improve on all pay charges and allowances to be paid from 1 January 2022
- A rise within the in a single day allowance to £42 per evening from 1 October 2021
- A dedication to rework financial institution vacation working, with drivers knowledgeable upfront and volunteers used the place potential
- Psychological well being consciousness delivered collectively by Hanson administration and Unite store stewards to be concluded by first quarter of 2022
- A joint working settlement between Hanson and Unite together with joint coaching from April 2022
- Administration to share fleet substitute programme with drivers
Unite common secretary Sharon Graham stated: “Our members at Hanson have demonstrated that by standing collectively they’ve secured vital enhancements on pay and situations.
“That’s an instance to all our union members. All employers additionally have to